Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this True or Lies About Bundys Ranch CASE ?

Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    Pretty stupid move on his part, if true.

Doesn't change the fact we almost had a Waco/Ruby Ridge moment, courtesy of the govt....again.

Yes!

Don't forget government deflection. They will do or say anything to put there spin on it. We haven't learned yet?

"My rights are before the BLM even existed, but my rights are created by beneficial use. Beneficial use means we created the forage and the water from the time the very first pioneers come here"

This one is simply not true. Bundy's parents did not start grazing outside their ranch until 1954, well after BLM was created (1946), and of course they paid the usual fee when they did start using BLM land.

Quote Originally Posted by LYCAN View Post
    ^This
    Agreed.. they can say what they want and spin it anyway they can,but the fact is the BLM goons and there DHS handlers tried to pull a Waco and still are.
    Time To Party Like It's 1773

"Liberty or death, what we so proudly hail
    Once you provoke her, rattling of her tail
    Never begins it, never, but once engaged...
    Never surrenders, showing the fangs of rage

Dont tread on me

So be it
    Threaten no more
    To secure peace is to prepare for war
    So be it
    Settle the score
    Touch me again for the words that youll hear evermore...

" - Metallica

Nobody wants to ever admit that they've been conned by a con man.

I like how y'all brush this off so fast, after savaging those of us who warned you against Bundy's case in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Miradus View Post

I like how y'all brush this off so fast, after savaging those of us who warned you against Bundy's case in the first place.
    Rule #3 of Doom Club: You do not talk about Doom Club's failures.

Quote Originally Posted by Miradus View Post

I'm impressed at how quickly you swallowed that camel served up to you.
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

i dunno, i can see how someone can be told stories by grandpa and never question them. then over time the memories of what you were told become blurred. most folks never take the time to research their exact family tree.. i am not willing to say he deliberately mislead anyone..

as has been stated,his words never claimed they had the ranch that long,just that they were in the virgin river basin that long..

which seems to be easily verified back to 1900 ..

kinda a wishy washy thing to judge a man on when we do not know his intent regarding the statement..
    nemophilist.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of George View Post
    I'm impressed at how quickly you swallowed that camel served up to you.
    Looks legit to me. He's making claims that haven't proved out on paper. Even some of the folks on your side of the argument are conceding that these claims are false.

But I'll let it drop. I don't want to rub your nose in it. Maybe just in the future some folks will listen when the caution flag goes up.

breezy is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Who's conning who?

The news in America is so bad it shouldn't be called news. Yes, Cliven Bundy's parents bought their ranch from Rauol and Ruth Leavitt in 1948. But the part that is missing from that story is that Rauol Leavitt is Cliven Bundy's cousin--actually, his name is Orange Rauol Leavitt. Cliven Bundy's grand mother was Mary Jane Leavitt. Lemuel Sturdenvan Leavitt was born on the Virgin River in Clark County, Nevada in 1878 so that does mean that his family has been farming that area for more than 100 years. I've also seen reports that his ancestors are from Canada. Some Leavitts have lived in Canada off-and-on over the centuries. Their American roots are in Plymouth, Massachusetts where Cliven Bundy's 8th great grandfather, John Leavitt (born 160, settled. I don't know if he is the same John Leavitt who signed the Mayflower Compact or not.

Quote Originally Posted by dilligaf View Post
    i dunno, i can see how someone can be told stories by grandpa and never question them. then over time the memories of what you were told become blurred. most folks never take the time to research their exact family tree.. i am not willing to say he deliberately mislead anyone..

as has been stated,his words never claimed they had the ranch that long,just that they were in the virgin river basin that long..

which seems to be easily verified back to 1900 ..

kinda a wishy washy thing to judge a man on when we do not know his intent regarding the statement..
    This is my perspective also. You notice the article in the OP doesn't interview Bundy to ask about the very specific date of 1877 so we don't know why he said this instead of a generic 1800's or 1870's. Let's not forget he is a Mormon and probably has historical family documents he could pull out and point to support his statements.
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23