Thread: Ron Paul's plan for resolution of the debt ceiling crisis on TIME magazine's website?

Default Ron Paul's plan for resolution of the debt ceiling crisis on TIME magazine's website?

An article/blog seriously discussing Ron Paul's plan for resolution of the debt ceiling crisis on TIME magazine's website?

http://curiouscapitalist.blogs.time....#disqus_thread

Read through the 160 comments - almost 100% for RP in 2012.

Amazing!

One astute commentor mentions that Rick Perry is more of the same ol' same ol' -- he was Al Gore's campaign manager! He also pushed for the Trans Texas Corridor and the Guardasil vaccinations. Lest we forget.

gringa

So we need to take ANOTHER CAREER politician's advice to 'save us'? Not real sure about that......flame suit on because I spoke out against (though not really) RP.
    'You have been warned of what they will do, you have a choice.
    Sit quiet and do nothing, wait until your hands are bound behind your back,
    and you are on your knees in a ditch, begging for your life!
    Or as an American, you had the privilege to be born free,
    If you wish to die free you better get up off your ass and make it happen.
    Stand and fight damn-it, if not these just might be the last words your hear,
    ‘AllahuAkbar! AllahuAkbar! AllahuAkbar!'

The most recent round of that buying has been dubbed QE2, and has come under a good deal of criticism, though most economists agree that it was a generally helpful policy.

...well, it is a leftist publication. I'd recommend said economists look at Dr. Thomas Wood's "Learn Austrian Economics" (www.tomwoods.com/learn-austrian-economics/)
    "...the two just wars in American history were the American Revolution, and the War for Southern Independence." --Murray N. Rothbard

Default There you go again...

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    So we need to take ANOTHER CAREER politician's advice to 'save us'? Not real sure about that......flame suit on because I spoke out against (though not really) RP.

lumping Ron Paul in with career politicians. I don't know if my opinions are cause enough for you to don your "flame suite" (whatever that means) but your attack on the person of Dr. Paul, lumping him in with "career politicians" and all that classification implies smacks of the classic Marxist tactic of character assassination - kill the messenger / kill the message.

So, go ahead, put on your flame suite . . . or don't, personally I don't care.

What I do care passionately about is GETTING OUT OF THIS MESS IN MY OR AT LEAST IN MY CHILDREN'S LIFETIMES! PERIOD.

FYI, Dr. Ron Paul's career was as an OB/GYN. He is presently a public servant serving South Texas in the House of Congress.

As a public servant, unlike career politicians, to quote a comment from the linked article, on first page of comments, by docdave1,

He has never taken a
    government junket.

He does not participate in the lucrative
    Congressional Pension Program.

He returns a portion of his annual Congressional
    Office Budget every year.

He has never voted to raise taxes.

He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.

He has never voted to restrict gun ownership.

He has never voted to raise Congressional Pay.

He never voted to increase Executive Branch Power.

He will Reinstate The Constitution and Save The Republic

He will END the unconstitutional FED.

He will phase out the unconstitutional IRS beginning immediately

He will secure the borders

He will limit Big Government in your private affairs

He will stop Illegal immigration and no amnesty

He voted against regulating the Internet

He voted against the Iraq War and warned us against going forward with an undeclared war. “Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it's realized that our liberty and wealth are in jeopardy” Ron Paul July 10th, 2003

He voted against the un-patriotic so called Patriot Act.

He supports a non-interventionist foreign policy yet a strong military

He will end the inflation tax

He is a true Constitutional Conservative

We could have had a V8 in 2008 instead of McCain’t

He would have soundly beat Obama in 2008 because Independents trust him and like him

Ron Paul for President 2012

Because no one else can be trusted to say what he means and do what he says like Ron Paul does.

Ron Paul is the man of the hour. They used to laugh him for being way ahead of the others in his thinking and his warnings. Now, they are not laughing because what he predicted is coming to pass. Now, he is being called a prophet for having warned us and still calmly suffered through the barbs. "First they, ignore you, then they fight you, then you win." Gandhi

I take Ron Paul very seriously. He may not be the most polished public speaker, but he speaks the truth with unvarnished power; He needs no teleprompter to carry on an intelligent discourse for over two hours to a packed auditorium of twenty and thirty something voters! He may not be the tallest, or the most strikingly handsome candidate, but people want the Real Deal. Ron Paul is the real deal, and speaking of the real
    deal; Senator Barry Goldwater's son, Congressman Barry Goldwater Jr. endorses Ron Paul. Ron Paul has been warning us for so long of the impending economic disaster we are seeing today, and he has been purposefully working to wake us to realize we must change our course to save the Republic

Read more: http://curiouscapitalist.blogs.time.com/2011/07/05/debt-ceiling-could-ron-pauls-plan-save-us-from-disaster-twice/#ixzz1RoJVWALP

unquote

Where would we be without Dr. Paul as a candidate for President - up the proverbial creek without a paddle; Dr. Paul is the only acceptable candidate we've got.

Want to try ol' Rick Perry on for size -- think he or anyone else with their hat in the ring would do a darn thing for "We the People?" His hat is not in the ring yet, but he's spending Texas tax payer money flying around getting all his money men rounded up. My bet is he'll be trotted out in the nick of time to save the RINO's, after all, he kinda looks like Ronald Reagan and sounds like "W". Hot DOG! We've got a WIENER, oops, I meant WINNER!

Rick Perry is not the answer.

We've got heavy weight economic/monetary/social problems and no one has a better handle on them than Dr. Paul, PUBLIC SERVANT with Bachman or Johnson or the like for veep, because, otherwise, IMHO, we are done, finished, kaput.

RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT 2012

gringa