Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blood Moons are a sign for who?

Quote Originally Posted by evenso View Post
    I've never wondered what people group would be "seeing" the blood moons. Couldn't this be referring to the land mass named Israel and by association, all those, no matter what tribe they're from, who live there see it and God speaks to them? *Because* they don't know Him?

Am I missing something?
    If you have an issue with a neighbor, should you complain to someone across town, or should you go directly to that neighbor? Do you think God should give a warning to people on the opposite side of the globe or to those whom He is warning and about to deal with?

Hos. 5,1 ¶ Hear ye this, O priests; and hearken, ye house of Israel; and give ye ear, O house of the king; for judgment is toward you, because ye have been a snare on Mizpah [military watch tower], and a net spread upon Tabor [to be fragile, broken].
    Hos. 5,2 And the revolters are profound to make slaughter, though I have been a rebuker of them all.
    Hos. 5,3 I know Ephraim, and Israel is not hid from me: for now, O Ephraim, thou committest whoredom, and Israel is defiled.
    Hos. 5,4 They will not frame their doings to turn unto their God: for the spirit of whoredoms is in the midst of them, and they have not known the Lord.
    Hos. 5,5 And the pride of Israel doth testify to his face: therefore shall Israel and Ephraim fall in their iniquity; Judah also shall fall with them.
    Anciently, Israel fell 130 years before Judah. They were taken by Assyria. Judah fell to Babylon. This prophecy is for a later period. It did not happen in the past.

Hos. 5,6 They shall go with their flocks and with their herds to seek the Lord; but they shall not find him; he hath withdrawn himself from them.
    Hos. 5,15 I [God] will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.
    You should study Hosea. It is about US (primarily) and also Judah. The other minor prophets are also important as is Ezekiel. The Book of Ezekiel was written AFTER both nations had gone into captivity. His prophecies concern our day.

Don't know if this addresses your question or not but I've tried to clarify it as best as I understand it.
    2Tim. 3:1 ¶ But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come.
    2Tim. 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires;
    2Tim. 4:4 and will turn away their ears from the truth, and will turn aside to myths.

I understand that this thread pertains to the blood moons. Because of some inaccurate information given, I felt I had to respond. Allow me to make one additional focus on these extreme errors. I will only address one though there are many. Following this, I will not respond again.

1. “To your descendants I will give this [Canaan] land.” gen 12:7
    Descendants could include those of Abram’s concubines as at this point no other distinction is given.
    Argonaut...what Scripture are you reading? Genesis 17:20,21:

"And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; thwelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.

"BUT, my covenant will I establish with Isaac, whom Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year."

God's land covenant given to Abraham was clearly extended onward through Isaac and Jacob. His love covenant extends to His chosen people, the Jews, and to the Gentiles who have been grafted into the Vine. Simple as that.

We are clearly of different beliefs. Hopefully, we both have received the free gift of eternal life offered through the shed blood of the Perfect Lamb, Jesus Christ, Whose resurrection we celebrate this day. There is no other way to spend eternity with God.

There seems to be a reading comprehension problem. "at this point" is referring to that time in Abram's life and the promise God was making. There was a a gradual refinement as time went on and a clarification by God as to whom would receive His blessings. Originally (Gen 12) Abram had no son Isaac. His first son by Hagar was Ishmael as you point out. But God continues to show he would have a son with Sarai (Sarah) some 13 years later. There is a progression in the promises as his family grows. Only after the birth of Isaac is it clear that the promises will go through him. Same with Jacob and Esau, etc.

There isn't as big a disconnect between what I have stated and you. Really! I think from your assumptions of what I have written you are jumping to wrong conclusions.

I'm an American living in California. Some live in New York and are Americans. But most Americans are neither Californians or New Yorkers. JUST AS most Israelites are not Jews. Until the distinction of "Jew" and Israel are understood I think you'll have problems understanding what I have posted. I can do nothing about that. Sorry for the confusion.
    2Tim. 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires;
    2Tim. 4:4 and will turn away their ears from the truth, and will turn aside to myths.

There seems to be a reading comprehension problem. "at this point" is referring to that time in Abram's life and the promise God was making. There was a a gradual refinement as time went on and a clarification by God as to whom would receive His blessings.
    The God I know does not "refine" as He goes. In Genesis 3:15, Christ had not been born yet, but here is the virgin birth.

Until the distinction of "Jew" and Israel are understood I think you'll have problems understanding what I have posted.
    Perhaps the Apostle Paul can help you with this. He called himself a "Jew," an "Israelite" and "from the tribe of Benjamin.

Acts 22:3 "But Paul said, I am a man which am a Jew of Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, a citizen of no mean city: and, I beseech thee, suffer me to speak unto the people."

Romans 11:l "I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin."

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho1 View Post

Perhaps the Apostle Paul can help you with this. He called himself a "Jew," an "Israelite" and "from the tribe of Benjamin.

Acts 22:3 "But Paul said, I am a man which am a Jew of Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, a citizen of no mean city: and, I beseech thee, suffer me to speak unto the people."

Romans 11:l "I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin."
    SALVATION wise there is NO difference between ANY People but PROPHETICALLY there IS. Can you understand that? I TOO, like Paul, am an Israelite of the tribe of Joseph (Ephraim) of the SEED (genetic stock) of Abraham. If genetics is of no importance PROPHETICALLY than forget trying to understand Scripture. Because without understanding DIFFERENCES you'll be lost (in understanding, but not necessarily salvation).

PS I am NOT a Jew.

sunny225 Guest

So this thread has turned into a pissing contest too?
    What is up with people these days??

Quote Originally Posted by sunny225 View Post
    So this thread has turned into a pissing contest too?
    What is up with people these days??
    I'm sorry. I'll just put what's his name on my ignore list and we can move on with the OP.

My foreskin is bigger than your foreskin.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by chicom View Post
    My foreskin is bigger than your foreskin.
    oh yeah? my butthurt is bigger than your butthurt...
    Prov. 3
    5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

When the sun goes nova, better have your Psalm 91 arrangements made.