Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Florida Father Suffocates Crying Son For Xbox, Fringe Episodes

Quote Originally Posted by Seditious View Post
    What part of 'people who are not prepared to care for and support their children, should not have children' do you have a problem with?

What in my statement made you think I support abortion?

My first thought when I read this was that the child got 16 months after the womb and so many other murder victims don't get that...
    I'm a strong believer in adoption. And a strong disbeliever of depriving an entire group of human beings of all their rights and murdering them.

If you, I, and the internet was around 200 years ago. You would be arguing for slavery and I would be arguing against it. It's the same story that humans have fought over for thousands of years - us verse them. We have all the rights, and we take all the rights from the groups that we choose to be less than human. (blacks, Native Americans, women, chinese, the disabled, elderly, Jews, the unborn, etc.)

As for the murderer in the story, either he's a psychopath, on drugs for depression or other artificial psychopath causing drugs, or he was on drugs.

He's probley just wondering if they have X-box & 24/7 tv in their prison cells.

wonderer

sunny225 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by naturallysweet View Post
    I'm a strong believer in adoption. And a strong disbeliever of depriving an entire group of human beings of all their rights and murdering them.

If you, I, and the internet was around 200 years ago. You would be arguing for slavery and I would be arguing against it. It's the same story that humans have fought over for thousands of years - us verse them. We have all the rights, and we take all the rights from the groups that we choose to be less than human. (blacks, Native Americans, women, chinese, the disabled, elderly, Jews, the unborn, etc.)

As for the murderer in the story, either he's a psychopath, on drugs for depression or other artificial psychopath causing drugs, or he was on drugs.
    So now you're accusing Seditious of being for slavery?? How in the world do you jump to that conclusion? That's just asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by sunny225 View Post
    So now you're accusing Seditious of being for slavery?? How in the world do you jump to that conclusion? That's just asinine.
    Yep, not worth the effort of a reply. I'm a baby killing slave holder because I think people should exercise reproductive responsibility and that government shouldn't use entitlements and partial law to subsidize and promote the creation of a feral underclass.

If one is accepting money from the gov't, whether it's in the form of SNAP, TANF, subsidized housing or medical care, I don't see a problem with enforced birth control as part of the package. It's tit for tat and if you don't want it, you don't have to accept the 'benefits.' Why should we, as tax payers, be on the hook for your reproductive freedoms?

Convicted child rapists can't have guns but get to have children...

Toddler murder suspect has criminal history in Northstate

Wygant was convicted on several felony charges under the category of statutory rape, and was sentenced to prison time on those counts.

This has become a very confusing place for me.

On one thread we're arguing that the government doesn't have the right to tell you where you can graze your cows, but in another thread we're arguing for the government's right to sterilize undesirables and criminals.

I am left wondering if perhaps liberty hasn't been properly defined.

As to the argument as to whether or not welfare benefits should disqualify a person from breeding, I could take that argument further. Why should I have to pay for someone else's education via property taxes? Why should I have to pay for someone else's protection and safety in funding the police forces? Why should I have to pay for roads I do not travel on?

There is essentially no end to that argument.

Let's say we did mandate birth control for SNAP beneficiaries. All birth controls short of complete sterilization have a failure rate, though it may be small. When one of those birth controls fail, do we also require that pregnancy to be terminated, like they do in China?

What if the beneficiaries don't show up for their mandatory birth control shot or surgical procedure? Do we send special squads of armed law enforcement to go get them and round them up?

Make no mistake about me. I have no interest in alienating anyone's rights but I would alienate whole groups of people from their entitlements.

Quote Originally Posted by Miradus View Post
    This has become a very confusing place for me.

On one thread we're arguing that the government doesn't have the right to tell you where you can graze your cows, but in another thread we're arguing for the government's right to sterilize undesirables and criminals.

I am left wondering if perhaps liberty hasn't been properly defined.

As to the argument as to whether or not welfare benefits should disqualify a person from breeding, I could take that argument further. Why should I have to pay for someone else's education via property taxes? Why should I have to pay for someone else's protection and safety in funding the police forces? Why should I have to pay for roads I do not travel on?

There is essentially no end to that argument.

Let's say we did mandate birth control for SNAP beneficiaries. All birth controls short of complete sterilization have a failure rate, though it may be small. When one of those birth controls fail, do we also require that pregnancy to be terminated, like they do in China?

What if the beneficiaries don't show up for their mandatory birth control shot or surgical procedure? Do we send special squads of armed law enforcement to go get them and round them up?
    You're telling me! I started the thread to point out that some guy was actually sufficiently callous to suffocate his own child so he could watch Fringe in peace. I don't know where this whole reproductive rights / responsibility came from.

For some people, freedom is highly conditional and only extends to people just like them.