The Tree Of Liberty  

Go Back   The Tree Of Liberty > Public > The Village Square

The Village Square Soft News topics, Human interest subjects, Community Happenings.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:17 AM
Tree of Liberty Supporter

Exclamation China buys (Now Owns) Wal-Mart??????

Are there any managerial-type Wal-mart employees on TOL?

I just received notification from my SIL that China HAS BOUGHT Wal-Mart. She heard this from a relative of hers who is in a managerial position with Wal-Mart, and said this is being kept hush-hush for now. A couple of the changes that have taken place she said is that Wal-Mart is now without the dash and is simply Walmart. Another change is that the smiley face has been replaced with a Chinese symbol.

I tried Googling this but nothing comes up. I did however, find a Walmart in China site and am wondering (since I don't shop at Wal-Mart) if this is the new symbol that has replaced the smiley face...(the yellow dash thing). http://www.wal-martchina.com/english/

Why the big secret I wonder? Wal-Mart is already stocked with 99% of crap from China, and that doesn't stop people from shopping there . I doubt the fact that China now owns Wal-Mart (If it really does) will send the masses running.

Lastly, Walmart (no hyphen) will be letting all full-timers go, making everyone part-time, and supposedly, everyone will be paid strictly minimum wage.

If anyone can confirm any of this, I'd be appreciative.

There is such a thing as A SICKNESS OF SOCIETY.
When we become immobilized by our own inability to deal directly with what is a COMMONLY PERCEIVED TRUTH AND REALITY, WE'RE IN TROUBLE AS A NATION (Lou Dobbs 11.10.09)
Old 01-06-2011, 08:32 AM
Land Owner

well, snopes.com didn't say anything about it.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:50 AM
looney housewife

Btt - would be interesting if they did.

K-

Joan of Arc
Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Tree of Liberty Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buick Electra View Post
I did however, find a Walmart in China site and am wondering (since I don't shop at Wal-Mart) if this is the new symbol that has replaced the smiley face...(the yellow dash thing).

If anyone can confirm any of this, I'd be appreciative.
Here is a link to their facebook page with the new symbol.

http://www.facebook.com/walmart
Obama: "I do listen to the Dreams of my Father... John 8:44"
Old 01-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Tree of Liberty Moderator

FWIW, the logo was changed and the hyphen was deleted from the Walmart name in summer of 2008.

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig. –Robert Heinlein
Old 01-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Senator

I'll see if I can get any info. My bestfriend from highschool has a BIL in a VERY high up position in Bentonville. I just emailed him for an inquiry. I'll post anything I find out.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Tree of Liberty Contributor

I think it would be interesting to find out, but like you said, it probably won't change many people's shopping habits.

The Lord is good,a stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him. ~ Nahum 1:7
Old 01-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Esquire

just one more reason NOT to shop at crapmart
straightstreet<><
Acts 9:10-12

In Damascus there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord called to him in a vision, "Ananias!" "Yes, Lord," he answered. The Lord told him, "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight."
Old 01-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Land Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightstreet View Post
just one more reason NOT to shop at crapmart
straightstreet<><

What Straightstreet said.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Congressman

Well WalMart is a publicly held company--i.e. stocks. So I'm sure that there are some Chinese that own shares. Now whether the Chinese Gov't holds a controlling number of shares--I don't know.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. ...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
C.S. Lewis