The Tree Of Liberty The Tree Of Liberty  

Go Back   The Tree Of Liberty > Public > Committees of Correspondence

Committees of Correspondence Hard News And Discussion Amongst Citizens Of The Tree

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Esquire

Default 37 food items you can't get in a food crisis but probably won't survive without

Since the article won't tell you what they are - what are your guesses?

http://soldoutaftercrisis.com/index4.php?v=y

Water

Rice

???
Old 07-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Senator

Was that a commercial?
Is it just me or did someone actually see a list of 37 items?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishamerican View Post
Since the article won't tell you what they are - what are your guesses?
Oh, I get it.
I'll have to check my notes and get back later = I'm just cruising through right now.

Obama so loved the poor he created millions of them...

When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it.

--- Frederic Bastait

Everything I post is Fiction and should not be taken seriously by anyone....
Old 07-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Land Owner

I think we share things here free for the benefit of others. We have plenty of lists to support prepping. This should be removed IMO.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:45 PM
Land Owner

Just before Hurricane Rita and Katrina there was nothing left on Grocery shelves. That Is NOTHING folks.I lived it. So lets see if we can come up with 37 items. I would say toilet paper, coffee, dog and cat food, dried milk, eggs. Now you add to it.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Esquire

Go to GOPUSA and tell them you don't want to receive third party offers and you won't get junk like this anymore.
This is the one that pushed me over the edge to unsubscribe.
All they send are scams and rip offs.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Tree of Liberty Moderator

Sigh.... it would be nice if it wasn't just an ad. Being able to discuss some specific food items which would be unavailable and which "we can't survive without" could be more than useful.

But given that there isn't any information at all at that link... I'm going to close this.

Summerthyme
Old 07-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Esquire

Well even though this person has a product to sell, I don't think there are 37 specific foods. You need to pay more attention to things like-

Protein sources
Vitamin rich foods-Fruits, vegis etc.
Carbs-you'll need these in a crisis-you'll burn right through them
essential fatty oils
Grains

How you decide to get these things is a matter of taste and budget but I think the list could be diverse enough to satisfy most appetites.

There are tons of great resources out there to give you ideas. Tons of free spreadsheets on food storage ideas on the web. Give it a go.
Closed Thread